Lot's of accumulated lessons hanging on the bike. Here are some:
- Reflective tape is good; learned that while riding (in a truck) behind multiple cyclists one night. Those with reflective tape were visible. Just lights was not nearly as effective.
- Fenders keep it cleaner.
- It's much much much better to carry stuff on the bike than on the body.
- That Specialized saddle really does keep body-parts from going as numb compared to other saddles I've used. And it seems durable (maybe not Brooks durable; but, year 3 and still going strong).
- The cheap, plastic, yellow water bottle holder does work to hold an insulated coffee cup (good on the morning commute). The bike-coffee guy didn't lead me wrong here.
- Flat-proof tires are the way to go on a commute.
- LED lights are pretty good; two of them pretty much do the job w/o a lot of battery changing.